You Deserve Compensation After Your Car Accident
When you are hurt in a car accident, you may not even realize the far-reaching implications. Beyond the initial agony of the impact, bills for medical treatment start to pile up, work can be affected and even personal relationships may be put in jeopardy.
You may not face the challenges involved with a car accident every day, but our attorneys at the Alliance Law Group, PS, do. Our legal team has been representing victims devastated by injuries and losses since our firm’s early beginnings in the 1950s, so our Tacoma car accident lawyers are familiar with the disastrous after effects of any car collision. If you or a loved one has been in a car accident, see how and why you should take advantage of our services.
Decades Of Experience Fighting For Tacoma Car Accident Victims
While you may utter a plethora of colorful words at the responsible driver after being hurt in a motor vehicle accident, we have just one term for it: negligence. Our lawyers are skilled at gathering evidence, developing a legal strategy, and proving the four essential elements of a claim based on negligence, which include:
- Duty: Drivers have a legal obligation to exercise care in operating their vehicles on Washington State roadways.
- Breach: A motorist breaches this duty by engaging in risky behavior behind the wheel, such as by speeding, using the phone, operating the radio, or ignoring traffic rules.
- Causation: There must be a link between the responsible driver’s actions and the accident that caused your injury.
- Damages: You suffered losses because of your injuries, and you are entitled to compensation for them.
Along with our finely tuned knowledge and legal skills, our personal injury attorneys have access to a team of experts to assist in proving these elements. We work with medical professionals, special investigators, financial advisers, and other experts to make these four elements clear.
Recovering Compensation For Your Losses
If you are confused about how to put a price tag on your suffering after a car accident, don’t fret: We know exactly which factors impact your compensation and what it takes to succeed in your claim. You will be working with an insurance company to seek:
- Costs related to medical treatment for your injuries
- Lost wages if you cannot work due to your condition
- Pain and suffering, which is a legal concept referring to how your injuries impact your quality of life
- Losses based on your personal relationships
- Other compensation depending on your unique situation
If you lost a loved one due to a car crash, our wrongful death attorneys can help you file a claim to recover compensation for medical expenses, funeral cots, lost income and loss of companionship from the at-fault driver.
However, keep in mind that there are some limitations on your compensation after an auto accident. Washington’s statute of limitations requires you to file a lawsuit within three years, or you are forever barred from suing the negligent driver. The clock starts running on the day of the accident.
In Washington, you don’t get to recover compensation if your own actions contributed to the car accident. The state law on comparative negligence will reduce your financial award by the percentage attributable to your fault.
Discuss Your Rights With A Tacoma Car Accident Attorney
You don’t have to confront pushy insurance company representatives and complicated legal issues alone. If you suffered injuries in a motor vehicle crash due to driver negligence, our lawyers at the Alliance Law Group, PS, are on your side to pursue the compensation you deserve. Please contact our University Park, Washington, office at 253-300-2055 to schedule a free consultation with an experienced attorney.